UPDATE: The Utah State Bar is pleased to announce the addition of Casemaker’s suite of premium services to the Utah Casemaker library, at no cost to attorneys and paralegal members of the Bar. Now, you have access to not only Casemaker’s broad and comprehensive libraries which cover all 50 states and Federal materials, but you now have access to a suite of tools that make research faster and easier. These premium services include Casecheck+, CiteCheck, and CasemakerDigest, and these, as well as the basic Casemaker research tool, are available at no cost to members. Learn more about these services by visiting the announcement from Bar President Curtis M Jensen.
|Get your Casemaker Access Information:||LOGIN TO CASEMAKER|
What is Casemaker?
Casemaker is a legal research service that provides unlimited access at to all active and inactive full service attorneys of the Utah State Bar and all current members of the Paralegal Division. This benefit is automatically included as part of your membership with the Utah State Bar
Casemaker includes services that drive the legal research industry. By working closely with bar associations, Casemaker has taken the lead in creating tools which are fast, easy to use, and reliable.
Login to Casemaker - Casemaker login will take you to transition page where you may change your password or continue on to Casemaker. Your first successful login will create a new page with an End User License Agreement. Once you have agreed to the EULA, you will have access to the complete Casemaker system.
Comprehensive, accurate, and timely Internet legal research is available through the Casemaker Web Library. This powerful Internet law library provides members of the Utah State Bar with free access to the legal research materials to serve clients.
The Casemaker Web Library provides a comprehensive search engine system with many of the features that you have come to expect from online legal research.
- Simple & Powerful Search Logic - You can connect key words and phrases using the Casemaker Web Library’s search logic. This search logic allows you to narrow your search so that you get the results that most closely fit with the issue you are researching.
- Natural Language - Simply type your question containing the key words into the basic search query box and the search engine will use its own intelligence to find the results that match the terms in your query.
- Database Fields - Using the advanced search screen template, you can enter specific information into fields such as citation, date, attorney, and more. Utilizing the fields will allow you to find specific information very quickly.
- Track Research Time By Client - The new Casemaker system allows you to create client records and then attach the time you spend on research to that client.
- Build Your Own Research Folders - Your research can be quickly dragged into folders you create allowing you to create a mini library of often used research materials.
Casemaker Requirements - The only requirement of access is that you are an active or inactive full member of the Utah State Bar and that you have a current email address on file. If you do not have an email on file with us please contact us to help you update your membership record.
Casemaker Assistance - Casemaker support is managed by the Utah State Bar using email . Please email any questions, comments or concerns to email@example.com.
Live Casemaker Training - Casemaker training is a CLE program that is held several times per year but is also available to your Bar section or committee. Visit the CLE calendar page for scheduled Casemaker events or contact the Utah State Bar at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on scheduling this training for your group.
Live Casemaker Webinars - CasemakerLegal holds live webinars each Wednesday at 1:00pm EST and Thursday at 12:00pm EST. Pick the day and register to get hands on training straight from the research pros at Casemaker.